Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A drug experience I hope to never have

Today I learnt a new way to get high, Jenkem. What is Jenkem? Well it's the gas produced by fermented human sewage, one inhales it in order to obtain a psychedelic experience. No, I am not joking.

The BBC news reported on the plight of African street kids who had turned to Jenkem as a substitute for glue and other solvents.

"It lasts about an hour", says one user, 16-year-old Luke Mpande, who prefers Jenkem to other substances.
"With glue, I just hear voices in my head. But with Jenkem, I see visions. I see my mother who is dead and I forget about the problems in my life."


Then a couple of months ago an American 14 year old boy posted his Jenkem trip experience to totse.com.

Well today I finally did it. I became probably the first person in America to huff his own shit gas.

After breathing it in I immediately felt that I was passing out. I did not even have time to spit before I became unconscious. When I woke up my spittle had oozed out of my mouth and down my chin. I asked my friend how long I was out for. He said for about a minute, and that he had repeatedly tried to wake me but I would not wake up. During this short conversation I began to feel light dissociative effects come over me, accompanied by buzzing in my ears. The feeling got stronger and stronger until I felt like I was in a dream. This was somewhat enjoyable, it made me feel like nothing really mattered.

I am not sad to be missing out on this one.

0 comments: