Thursday, October 16, 2008

RE: At Bloody Last.

Kirk asks: "You gonna release it freeware?"

My aims at the moment are:

  1. package the cyberlink c library into a UIKit compatible library and release it (obviously free as this is someone elses library. indeed they have mentioned that they will support iPhone anyway so I should really contact them).
  2. package a Sonos zone manipulation wrapper around that and release.
  3. Create an app for me. If its good enough (and if I ever get an official developer license then release it)

will the final application be free? Right now I don't know. Probably. If only because I do not have the time to provide any kind of support for users. Maybe a honesty box approach although that would undoubtedly prove a block to getting it on the app-store as its either free or Apple takes a cut.
For me its a labor - not of love - but of geek pride. I just want to prove to myself that I can do this and it keeps me brain active.

0 comments: